Landmark Associates Limited is an established professional organization offering specialized consulting land use planning and engineering services to a broad range of clientele in the public and private sectors. With our head office in Peterborough, we are fully accessible and able to serve our many clients in various geographic locations.
Being a multi-disciplinary consulting firm, we have offered land use planning and municipal engineering services to municipal governments and the development community since 1988. The firm offers wide-ranging consulting expertise including development project design, the preparation of land use planning policy and development controls, project management and integrated planning/engineering services.
Assignments encompass all phases of planning and civil engineering normally required as part of the land use planning and development process.
Our aim is to provide quality professional planning and engineering services, necessary to complete your project. We strive to provide full accessibility to our Clients, which in turn promotes maximum cost-efficiency and prompt service
Our sensitivity to client needs, together with on-going communication and involvement of senior staff, ensures the prompt, accurate and efficient completion of assignments.
In addition to offering a full range of engineering and planning services, we also have established arrangements with prominent firms in the environmental, hydrogeologic, economic, archeological, architectural and landscape architectural fields.
Landmark Associates Limited engages a range of experienced "in-house" professional and support staff:
- Registered Professional Planners
- Municipal Engineer (Civil)
- Engineering Technologists and Designers
- Skilled Word Processing and Clerical Personnel
- Office Administration
- Construction Contract Administration, Inspection and Supervision
Key Personnel Include:
Darryl Tighe: (M.Sc., MCIP, RPP), is the President and Director of Planning of Landmark Associates Limited. Darryl's background offers a unique blend of municipal, environmental, rural/agricultural, watefront, aggregate resources, and park and recreation planning expertise; whose career spans over 29 years.
Darryl's area of specialization is providing on-going professional planning advice and services to the development industry, as well as rural and small urban municipalities. Darryl has also been involved in the management of a number of development projects and specialized planning studies for a wide variety of Clientele.
Darryl has extensive experience in the area of public consultation, as a negotiator/facilitator, and has also appeared as an expert witness before the Ontario Municipal Board and Provincial Court on over 90 occassions.
Finally, Darryl is a Registered Professional Planner and a full member of the Canadian Institute of Planners and the Ontario Professional Planners Institute.
Bruno Dobri: (P. Eng.) is Municipal Project Engineer for Landmark Associates Limited and has been involved in providing professional engineering services for over 20 years. Consulting experience includes the design, construction, supervision and contract administration of a wide vareity of civil engineering projects including land development, stormwater management, water distribution systems, roadworks, sanitary sewage collection and pumping stations, and on-site sewage disposal systems
Bruno is a licenced member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario.
Alex Cole: is Civil Engineering Technologist with Landmark Associates Limited.
Alex is primarily responsible for detailed engineering design and calculation of quantities using AutoCad and civil engineering-related software.
His experience also includes the prepartion of plan and profile drawings, site plans, lot grading and drainage plans, draft plans, topographical surveys, and construction contract administration and supervision.
Carolyn Hamilton: is Manager, Professional Services and lead Word Processing operator with Landmark Associates Limited.
Carolyn has been with the firm since 1989 and has developed expertise in planning and engineering data assembly/manipulation, document formatting and production, as well as creative graphic design.
Craig Holland: is AutoCad Design Specialist for Landmark Associates Limited. With a background in Geology and GIS, Craig has had previous experience in the Construction Services Industry and in the design of mapping systems for electrical utilities throughout central Ontario.
Using AutoCad and a variety of civil engineering and GIS-related software, Craig is responsible for assisting in the design and production of concept plans, site plans and key maps as well as preparing Schedules for Official Plan and Comprehensive Zoning By-laws, subdivision and base plans, and general map production.
Community Land Use Planning
Experienced planning consultants will complete
The professional engineering services offered are in the civil, municipal and water resources fields and include:
Although our involvement spans an impressive range of planning and engineering projects; the following high-lights current activities
- New Comprehensive Zoning By-law for the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen (Peterborough County)
- Bellmere Winds Golf Club - Godfrey's Cottages Redevelopment, Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan (Peterborough County)
- On-going Planning Services and Development Peer Reviews for various local municipalities
For over 29 years, Darryl and Landmark Associates Limited have assisted local Municipal Clients with adjusting to constant land use planning challenges; and preparing their coummunities for the future.
- New Official Plan for the Township of Douro-Dummer (Peterborough County)
- New Official Plan and Comprehensive Zoning By-law for the Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen (Peterborough County)
- Updated Comprehensive Zoning By-law for the Township of Douro-Dummer (Peterborough County)
Subdivision, Condominium and Site Plan Developments
Our Firm maintains significant involvement with the private development sector throughout Central Ontario
Current Key Development projects include:
- Godfrey's Cottages Redevelopment - Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan (Peterborough County)
- Cold Creek Estates Subdivision - Township of Hamilton (Northumberland County)
- Proposed Plan of Condominium - Township of Asphodel-Norwood (Peterborough County)
- Ryan's Proposed Plaza (Coboconk) - City of Kawartha Lakes
- Restaurant Development, Albert St. (Coboconk) - City of Kawartha Lakes
- Houston Marine Systems New Facility - City of Kawartha Lakes......
- Lakefield Primary Healthcare Facility - Township of Douro-Dummer (Peterborough County)
- Victoria Feeds New Facility - City of Kawartha Lakes......
- Lakeridge Valley Waterfront Estates - Township of Galway-Cavendish and Harvey (Peterborough County)
- Downeyville Subdivision - City of Kawartha Lakes
- Minute Maid Company Canada Inc. Plant Expansion - City of Peterborough
- Callaghan Farm Supply Expansion - City of Kawartha Lakes......
Landmark Associates Limited has had the on-going opportunity to service First Nation Communities throughout Central Ontario and beyond.
Presently, we are completing a Community Land Use Plan for Georgina Island First Nation (Lake Simcoe).
Aggregate Resources Planning
The Staff of Landmark Associates Limited have considerable experience in the area of Aggregate Resources Planning; which entails planning application approvals together with licence applications under the Aggregate Resources Act
Major projects completed or currently underway include:
- Romart Sand & Gravel Limited - City of Kawartha Lakes
- Redstone Quarries - Township of Galway-Cavendish and Harvey (County of Peterborough)
- Dewdney Mountain Farms Quarry - Township of Galway-Cavendish and Harvey (County of Peterborough)
- Cedarhurst Quarries Proposed Expansion - City of Kawartha Lakes